Live Webinar: Understanding the Analgesic Affects of Photobiomodulation
Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 1:00PM – 2:00PM EDT
Photobiomodulation therapy (also commonly known as laser therapy) is a non-invasive, drug-free method for reducing pain. People familiar with photobiomodulation (PBM) are often aware of its analgesic properties, but few people are able to explain exactly how it affects pain.
In this webinar, Mark Callanen, PT, DPT, OCS will discuss how PBM relieves pain (on a cellular level) and discuss recent studies that highlight the intricate biological processes responsible. He will also discuss the benefits of using higher-powered lasers to impart PBM changes on the CNS and PNS.
Key talking points will include:
- Understanding how therapeutic lasers interact with the body, specifically nerve tissue.
- Examining the biological effects of PBM on the nervous system.
- Reviewing recent literature – comparing CNS vs PNS mechanisms for pain modulation.
- Knowing your technology – understanding equipment fundamentals.
- Laser application – basic treatment techniques when treating nerve tissue.